Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering selling my 02xx...I have too many bikes in the garage and Its time to let one of my xx's go...Its a 02 with 22K miles on the clock. It has Micron big bore full exhaust system, K&N in the airbox, and a PC3...It has peg lowerers, and bar risers. It has the chrome edge wheels, and this thing runs like NEW! Im in Salt Lake City, UT and its listed locally...Thanks for looking...PM with any questions...$4900 or $5900 with all parts and an extra engine from another 02 I owned in the past....This bird has never been damaged or repainted....Also its built in July 2001 so it still has the 164hp stock...Its one of the last ones shipped to the states with the 164hp...I have it tuned to 156hp at the wheel as it sits now....

Attachments

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will meet half way if someone is offering full price and is within a few hundred miles or I will arrange shipping...I have a clear...clean title in hand!

$4900 and this thing has NEVER been repainted or wrecked...Its only been touched by me, and this is my 5th bird...

$5900 with an extra engine from a 2002 model, and so many other parts...they are on another thread here on the site...

PM me with other questions...When spring hits she will probably be off the market. I just have a friend with a turbo bird that I want to buy so I need cash but im not giving this bike away. I see others for sale for close to this price that are banged up and are far from cherry! Thanks for looking...

Attachments

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Army....Another month or two and she will be staying in the garage... :) hope I can make that happen...

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cash only guys sorry...I have another bird in my sights...If I don't get $4900 I will just keep it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Also its built in July 2001 so it still has the 164hp stock...Its one of the last ones shipped to the states with the 164hp...
First off, nice bike in the fastest color. Sorry to hijack, but I wanted to know if this statement is true. I have heard several comments on the supposed decrease of hp in 2002 for purposes such as easing the suddenness of throttle response or to improve emissions. 2002+ CA models clearly have an additional O2 sensor so I can see why may decrease slightly for those models. But for non-CA models, is there really a new map? Also, is it true that only 2002+ models after a certain build date were affected? I had to run down to my bike in the garage and check and note that it is a 2002 with 6/01 build date so I guess either way I am good. Did not really mind having a 'detuned' version since I liked the digital gauges, but if you are sure that early build dates have the 164 hp rating then I too have the best bike (FI, digital gauges, ram air AND 164 hp). WOO HOO! Oh happy day. Now time to order that left side fairing so I too an make mine a cherry bike. Back to the regular topic although not sure why you would want to sell the clearly best and fastest model in the whole series. :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
...... Back to the regular topic although not sure why you would want to sell the clearly best and fastest model in the whole series.

I believe he said the secret word .

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I said the secret word and bought this bike Sunday, 2-16! Believe me, this baby is everything XXX99 said it was! Thanks Dave! Looking forward to many, many fast and safe miles in Montana!
Welcome,

You will enjoy your new Bird,

Sailingfool, You have a boat a well, Isnt Helena in the mountains, ????????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks deadman, I know I'll enjoy the 'bird!

Actually, I have way to many sail boats! At least 6 I think, and not one motor. They are all fast, but the fastest one tops 100mph in the best conditions powered by nothing but wind. Any guesses on what that might be?

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Pics of the foil boat, please.

Reactions: xxx99 and deadman

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Farrier 24, on ice skates. one of those triangular thingys,

on ice, they hammer,

or a sail board,

My sailboat hammers along at 7 knots, flat stick it gets 8 knots against an out going tide running at 6 knots,

I did get 14 knots on the sails, Its a Cruiser not a Racer, Hahahaha

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I can't think of any other waterborne sail craft that can push 100 mph. I'm thinking deadman must be onto it with his mention of an ice boat.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Those sail boats on the ice in Canada are capable of some thing like 300 kays or so, In a twenty five knot wind,

The world record attempt for a sailing vessel was done off the coast of Africa, Just on sixty miles an hour, about 18 months ago,

It was a triangular type boat, with 3 little thingys that actually sat on the water, There is a UTube video of it, I have seen it,

No idea what its called, It came up on the Multihull Sailing Forum I am on,

They also think I am off my head, Fiji to OZ single handed as my first Blue Water Sailing adventure, Hahahaha,

But I did think that San Diego to OZ for my first trip, Was just a bit over the top, even for me, So I settled for a Boat from Fiji,

We were all learners once, You dont know untill you go, But it was worth the experience, Hahahahaha,

A couple of times, I looked up, and I was Dead, No Shit, Not Scared, It was well past that, I was Dead,

A 12 metre vertical wave standing up at the transom, The previous wave had filled the cockpit up to my knees, Came in sideways,

That thing drops on me, 50,000 tons of water, dropping on a 34 foot Cat, Im History, also in the middle of the Coral Sea,

The boat just popped out from under it at the last minute, Such is Life, And it did it twice in less than a few hours,

The ship that passed behind me earlier in the same day said they had Force 6 winds, It was bit on the breezy side,

I was running before it with about a third of the Genoa up, No main sail, I dont want to break some thing out there,

Sorry about the off topic,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Deadman, you are truley a sailor! That kind of off-shore adventure is far beyond the lake sailing we do in Montana! To be caught in a Force 6 storm that far from shore must have been terrifying...there is no escape! And, good guess, we do sail iceboats here. At least when the water is hard. In the warmer months, I sail an E Scow (search escow a go go on youtube), which is pretty darn fast. The ice boat is 32' off adrenaline. We hit speeds 5 times the wind speed on perfect ice. Top end is limited by terminal velocity and the grip of the runners, and is easily of 100mph! Acceleration is nearly that of a Blackbird! I tried to add pictures, not sure it worked. Check iceboat.org if you don't know what an ice boat is!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts