Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 bird with 10000 km on it, guy did part of the way, 300 kms with it, was running fine, after, didn't take it for spin yet, started it this morning, running on 2 cylinders, have plenty of fuel, foul around a little bit, than ran on two, now just one cylinder is firing, touching the exhaust pipe with my finger,I checked fuel pump, fuel getting to the fuel rail, disconnect return line, and turn the key, plenty of fuel. I was suspecting the fuel because of surface rust in the tank.

I just sold a 1998 carb one to buy this one, so far I regret my move. I think this will be my last bird, getting angry wit it. I will go look at the spark plug tomorrow to see if they are wet. sugestion would be welcome

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Let us know what plug check reveals. Possible fuel flow issue because of surface rust but lets wait till plugs are pulled.

·
Registered
845 Posts
rust in the tank means blocked fuel filter and low fuel pressure - if the pressure is not reached the injectors will not operate, you can unblock the filter buy running water through it in reverse direction - see if this cures your problem, it will block again and you'll need a replacement tank

·
Registered
59 Posts
rust in the tank means blocked fuel filter and low fuel pressure - if the pressure is not reached the injectors will not operate, you can unblock the filter buy running water through it in reverse direction - see if this cures your problem, it will block again and you'll need a replacement tank
Water doesn't seem like a good idea; carb cleaner or clean fuel would be what I would expect to be most appropriate. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Water doesn't seem like a good idea; carb cleaner or clean fuel would be what I would expect to be most appropriate. Am I wrong?
water from a hose under pressure gets it cleaned then blow it out with airline or lungs

a tiny tiny drop of water will do absolutely no harm - why would it

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
It's also a paper element so it will dry so I'd give it a try if the plugs look like they aren't firing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts