Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In June 2013, I found this amazing machine on this site and bought it from Adam S. in Denver. After a careful review of photos, video clips and discussion, I paid the asking price and had it shipped to San Jose. Now 8 years later it’s someone else’s turn to own this one-of-a-kind super cruiser.

I have all of the upgrade receipts from the original owner. He was a doctor in Milford, Michigan living about 5 miles from the GM proving grounds. I never had a chance to talk to him but you can see from the shopping list he made, the bike was special from the start. I love this bike and would not be parting with it if not for an inner-ear issue with turning balance. So, here are the facts.

2002 CBR 1100 XX Blackbird

26,354 miles current odometer.
190+ mph top speed. (not with me.)
More than $12,000 spent in enhancement. See parts list image.

Custom Features: see parts list image for complete list from original owner.
  • Ohlins and Racetech adjustable shocks
  • Erion cooling full system
  • Engine detail: Falicon Supercrank, clean ports, match seats, cylinder head, camshaft, chains, etc.
  • Carrozzeria Wheels (very light, making steering agile)
  • TSR Brembo Mounting Kit
  • Goodridge Brake Components
  • Powerlet Plugs & Sockets for headed vest, etc.
  • Pirelli 120/70 & 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (58w) 1/3 used in the middle.
  • Many titanium bits parts

I have added nothing to the bike except scheduled maintenance items, upgrade to Scorpion Stinger Lithium Battery SSTZ14S-FP, Synthetic Oil (Motul), air filters, etc.

Shipping: Any shipping must be arranged by you and I will be present during loading with pictures of the bike leaving. Bike has a CA title.

Fit & Finish - The paint all around is clean with a few blemishes. Never dropped by me or anyone else that I can tell. Always in garage for storage. Seat like new. Check out the photos to see current condition. Bike is sold as-is. Please ask any questions.

Price: $5,850 firm. Cash or certified bank check.
When money is transferred, I will Priority Mail you the title and relevant documentation ( all receipts, keys, dyno sheet, owner manual, etc.)

Issues: If you look close at the dash image you will notice the 12 mph speed indicated while in the garage. I have purchased a replacement sending unit for the speed sensor. Not installed at this point. Can’t guarantee the will fix the problem.

All other controls and indicators working as expected.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Gauge Tachometer
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So based on feedback, I expect I need to lower the price to find a buyer. So here it is: $5,100
Let me know if there are any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this bike still available? I sent a text message
As well. I'm very interested. Pleas get back to me. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting nibbles. Still available. Selling price $4,900. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts