Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Did she sit for awhile as that's very low milage? Did you do some "stuff" to start with a clean slate? Maybe some Motul FI cleaner and a tank full of high test. The experts will be here soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's a 2001 model so not al lot of action.
I already put in a tank cleaner and a new battery (ytx12-bs), but still the same.
Can it be something else?

·
Registered
845 Posts
yeh I'd agree, sounds like it's off a cylinder or 2, you need to give it a good service and check fuel pressure regulator etc before going deeper, if still not right then compression test will rule out cylinder problems. Then you're into fuel delivery and ignition checks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hope you get a good answer because my 99 started that right after I changed the plugs. I'm wondering if I got some bad plugs.

·
Super Moderator
12,696 Posts
..................... have you checked that the plug leads are connected correctly (and to the right cylinder). To me it sounds like all cylinders are firing but either not in the right order or a lead is shorting out so the spark is irregular/weak. Has the air filter/air box been checked?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
This might burn your fingers!

Try letting the bike idle for a minute or 2 and try to feel each down pipe to see which is cooler than the others ..... then you should know which cylinder/s are the problem ones. This will help to narrow down the issue and hopefully give you more ideas on where the problem is (if 2 cylinders on the same ignition coil are cooler then suspect the coil or coil feed .....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts