Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2000 cbr 600, when i try to start it the bike turns over but does not start. I have replaced the whole ignition and pretty much checked all the fuses on the bike. I have also checked the fuel pump an it is also working. I have no idea what could be my problem? help please.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Check the CBR600 Owners Forum. Battery? Fuel?

·
bladebird
1,222 Posts
Hi there i had a zzr 600 and i still got my fireblade 918 and when they got left standing for a while i had the same problem
i had to have the carbs tuned on both at a cost of £450 but both run well now my brother still riding the zzr and new plugs may help

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Its probably fuel, carb related
Maybe your floats are stuck check carbie.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Perhaps a shorted or defective kill switch? :confused: - or a kickstand switch :confused: - or a bike down switch :confused:? Get an old spark plug, stick it in the plug holder, rest it against cylinder and see if it sparks. No spark - you know where to start. If it sparks, shoot some either (cold start aerosol fluid) into throttle throats, and see what happens - if it fires you have a carb/fuel problem. If it doesn't, do a compression check and pray.:crap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. i cleaned out the whole carbs. i bypassed the fuel pump to make sure that wasnt the problem, bike still does not start. it just keeps turning over but not firing. on the ignition that i ordered, it came straight from china, the colors of the wires dont match tha colored wired of the bike. so i pretty much pluged them in by looking at a picture of a wiring harnes on the internet. could this be my problem? eventhough the way they are hooked up now, all the lights and blinkers are working correctly..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
engine turns over at normal pace, sounds exactly like the bike wants to run just wont fire up. and the lady i bought it from had bought it out of a storage war type thing. she didnt know what she had, the only reason i bought it is because of the way it turns over. u could tell it had been stolen before or they had lost the keys because there were pry marks from where they tried to turn the old ignition and open gas tank. the bike has a clean title which is a major reason i bought the bike also. I wouldnt have bought it if i didnt think it would run with some work. but i really just need to know what other reasons could there be for the bike not to run?

·
Registered
468 Posts
engine turns over at normal pace, sounds exactly like the bike wants to run just wont fire up. and the lady i bought it from had bought it out of a storage war type thing. she didnt know what she had, the only reason i bought it is because of the way it turns over. u could tell it had been stolen before or they had lost the keys because there were pry marks from where they tried to turn the old ignition and open gas tank. the bike has a clean title which is a major reason i bought the bike also. I wouldnt have bought it if i didnt think it would run with some work. but i really just need to know what other reasons could there be for the bike not to run?

Okay,

beside all the usual suspects...isn´t the y2k model already equipped with the HISS? If so- it won´t start until you have a matching key/ECU pair installed onto the bike.
And dude...if the ignition has the wrong colour and comes from china, as you stated, ...I´d start there for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ok. i cleaned out the whole carbs. i bypassed the fuel pump to make sure that wasnt the problem, bike still does not start. it just keeps turning over but not firing. on the ignition that i ordered, it came straight from china, the colors of the wires dont match tha colored wired of the bike. so i pretty much pluged them in by looking at a picture of a wiring harnes on the internet. could this be my problem? eventhough the way they are hooked up now, all the lights and blinkers are working correctly..
I suppose the answer is in your posting here....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts