Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 BlackBird and the speedo is starting to go on it (will be reading speed then suddenly pin at 0 for some time). Since I'm looking at replacing the whole gauge cluster I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade to the Digital Cluster that I believe started on the '02 Birds :huh: and if anyone has done such an upgrade.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Paging Uglystick. Uglystick, please go to the nearest white courtesy phone.

Reactions: commrad

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts

This is an 02 BB with it original clocks, However its registering miles but the speedo has Km's symbol instead of miles and I was told it cannot be corrected.

I'm also out of fuel and thats 94 miles since I filled her up so I think the throttle cables need adjustment:evilaugh:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts

This is an 02 BB with it original clocks, However its registering miles but the speedo has Km's symbol instead of miles and I was told it cannot be corrected.

I'm also out of fuel and thats 94 miles since I filled her up so I think the throttle cables need adjustment:evilaugh:
3 things..
1, its an UK (euro) XX so you should be able to use the 2 buttons on the left side of the dash to change it to miles.
2, Throttle cables don't make that much difference to the fuel economy... how they are used very much does (check for a Power commander and standard sprockets would be a good idea too)
3, I have never seen or heard of a clock that display KPH and then show miles. check for the presence of a speedo healer or similar

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
I think he was saying his wrist is heavy, maybe a LOT of slack in the cable would only allow 1/2 throttle and save some fuel

I have to agree with UglyStick, maybe someone stuck a speedo healer or tuner on it and the signal is being converted before going to the speedo.

·
Banned
279 Posts
I did mean the wrist:clap:

As for the Km's, do you mean i can change the just Km marker only to miles ?

Its still registering miles by speed and distance only its got Km's indicator ?

If i can change it to mile it might start reading in Km's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks everyone. I tried doing a quick search on the forums but I search guages and cluster instead of dash. It seems its worth the extra bit of work if I can come across a digital dash. If I can find one I'll give it a shot and if not I guess I'll survive with an analog replacement.

·
Banned
279 Posts
no, if it's a KM only unit it is possible someone added a speedo healer to convert it to MPH and miles.
search your bike for something that looks like this
Speedo Tuner Speedo Tuner - Motorcycle Superstore
No, There is nothing at all added anywhere.

I've only owned the bike since last summer sometime and have already stripped it and put it back together for my own peace of mind so I would have noticed something that shouldn't be there non stock.

I've even pulled the clocks apart as they had a poorly done Mph sticker inside by the relevant sections so when the ignition is off no one knows :crap:

I guess there is nothing that can be done, but it still goes like greased ***t:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

as this is a newer thread ill ask here.
I have a 2000 fi and 2004 clocks, do I still need to solder the diode as they are both fi? and the pics in the previous tread show the diode soldered but not plugged in anywhere, do I just leave it hanging?

cheers for any help

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
The pic of the diode only shows how its soldered in and not how it finally fits together. the pin needs to be put back into the block

And yes you need to use the diode because you currently have a globe and will be putting an LED there. see other thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts