Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I recently bought my 99 at a salvage auction and It didnt come with the keys. Any advice on how to remove the seat without the key?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Pull the tail cowl it can be done you just have to carefully work it around the seat. Once it's off you can see the seat latch cable mechanism from the left shifter side of the bike. You should be able to manipulate the cable to get the seat to release.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the tail cowl it can be done you just have to carefully work it around the seat. Once it's off you can see the seat latch cable mechanism from the left shifter side of the bike. You should be able to manipulate the cable to get the seat to release.
Thanks a ton, got it off.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,864 Posts
A word of caution. When you are putting it all back together be sure to clip that seat lock cable in correctly. There are two holders for it if I remember correctly. One on each end. If you miss the lower one then you will have the joy of taking the seat cowl off again to remove the seat. Been there done that!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A word of caution. When you are putting it all back together be sure to clip that seat lock cable in correctly. There are two holders for it if I remember correctly. One on each end. If you miss the lower one then you will have the joy of taking the seat cowl off again to remove the seat. Been there done that!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ahhh, thanks again. Luckily I'm replacing the lock and all locks so I havent put back together yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts