Honda CBR XX Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Just make sure that's it's mounted right side up first.
There is a proceedure in the manual pages 5-91 to 5-93 on checking it

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hose goes to RHS top of rad. There are 3 hoses in that location. Honda calls this a bleed hose or similar I think. Very top hose spigot is for overflow. Should be next to that.
Per beestoys, download "service manual" from site, and see test procedure. If tip over sensor exists and is plugged in: detach TOS from frame, turn on ignition, turn TOS upside down, see if anything happens.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hose goes to RHS top of rad. There are 3 hoses in that location. Honda calls this a bleed hose or similar I think. Very top hose spigot is for overflow. Should be next to that.
Per beestoys, download "service manual" from site, and see test procedure. If tip over sensor exists and is plugged in: detach TOS from frame, turn on ignition, turn TOS upside down, see if anything happens.
Ah thanks very much.

So the struggle continues.

Battery checks out good.
TOS is up
Kickstand switch good
All fuses are good
Clutch is engaging as it should

When I turn the ignition on no priming. I have power to the lights. No power to fuel pump or starter

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ok, bike was in a wreck. Sudden impact could have damaged the loom. Check all wires into ECU connector for damage/breaks (disconnect batt first).
Having a gauge cluster would be helpful as we could see if FI light illuminates...but not required for bike to run.
Is the neutral switch OK? and check the clutch diode.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,945 Posts
Ah thanks very much.

So the struggle continues.

Battery checks out good.
TOS is up
Kickstand switch good
All fuses are good
Clutch is engaging as it should

When I turn the ignition on no priming. I have power to the lights. No power to fuel pump or starter
Sometimes it is the obvious... so I gotta ask... is the fuel pump plugged in ? Did it click when you plugged it in? Have you checked to see if power is making it to the pump before tearing more apart?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ok, bike was in a wreck. Sudden impact could have damaged the loom. Check all wires into ECU connector for damage/breaks (disconnect batt first).
Having a gauge cluster would be helpful as we could see if FI light illuminates...but not required for bike to run.
Is the neutral switch OK? and check the clutch diode.
I just finished going through the loom to ecu. No damage back there. All damage was on the front. Only two wires on the headlight which I repaired. Would the neutral switch or clutch diode affect it turning over even if the clutch is in? Checking those both now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Sometimes it is the obvious... so I gotta ask... is the fuel pump plugged in ? Did it click when you plugged it in? Have you checked to see if power is making it to the pump before tearing more apart?

Fuel pump is plugged in for sure. Im not hearing a click when I plug it in. When I turn the ignition off I hear a single click from the relay right in front of the TOS

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Om pump might be locked up
Jumper power straight to it from the battery. Anyone of those you mentioned will effect it. Anothet easy to forget. Kill switch will get you everytime as well

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,945 Posts
Unplug fuel pump and see if you are getting 12 vdc to the plug. If you are then plug pp in and check to see if the pump is getting 12 vdc by using a test light which can probe the fuel pump right by the pp. Wondering if you can check continuity on the pp side of the plug with a voltmeter on the ohms scale? Beestoy would that work?

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
XX
PP?

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,945 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Might work. We'd need a couple members readings on a good pump. That could rule out a winding fault.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts