Honda CBR XX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,444 Posts
If it's the stock tank it hangs off the extra bolt length that extends out on the upper shock bolt.

The stock horn mounts off a bracket on the front forks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If it's the stock tank it hangs off the extra bolt length that extends out on the upper shock bolt.

The stock horn mounts off a bracket on the front forks.
Thanks, on the coolant tank, it is the stock one. I just can't figure out how to make it fit

·
Super Moderator
8,444 Posts
Shocks got to come out or at least the top bolt. The tank sets on between the shock and the frame. The 1/2 moon open mount at the front has a rubber grommet that sets inside it and the extended end of the upper bolt goes through that and holds the tank

Reactions: Cmerck

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,937 Posts
I hope these help. Looking from the engine backwards... you need to rotate the tank to the right. The neck is coming up to far to the left. I believe that is your problem.
The YouTube video I just made shows it best.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cmerck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I hope these help. Looking from the engine backwards... you need to rotate the tank to the right. The neck is coming up to far to the left. I believe that is your problem.
The YouTube video I just made shows it best.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Awesome! You guys rock! Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Today's my lucky day. My new fairings, fairing bolt kit and mirrors came in today. I went with some aftermarket Injection fairings off ebay. They look perfect and exactly how I wanted. The best part is that they were $225 total. Cant beat it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm attempting to start the bike today and oddly the only thing I'm getting is the tag light to come on. Does not have the cluster installed prevent it from starting?

·
Super Moderator
8,444 Posts
Tag light ? No it should fire without it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Tag light ? No it should fire without it.
The lights all work fine, however it won't even attempt to turn over. The battery is fresh off the charger. Ill check amps next.

However I feel like it should at least click or something when I try to start it. Currently nothing happens.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Based on the pics, looks like a fuel injection model. When you turn on ignition, does the fuel pump prime for 3-4 seconds.?

·
Registered
692 Posts
On /off handlebar switch on
Side stand up
In neutral
Tip over sensor install and right way up
Main fuse, fuel pump fuse ok
Battery good, connections tight
All connectors connected etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
On /off handlebar switch on
Side stand up
In neutral
Tip over sensor install and right way up
Main fuse, fuel pump fuse ok
Battery good, connections tight
All connectors connected etc.
I'm positive on all except for the tip over sensor. I've never checked that. Where is it at?

Thanks!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts