Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Made a good bit of progress so far this weekend. The brakes are done and working well so far. Obviously bench tested only. Rear end installed and wiring harness installed after fixing the torn and damaged wires. Im planning to install the engine tomorrow. Gonna be a fun process trying to avoid scratching everything.

I ordered several parts i needed. I went with the vfr 16 tooth sprocket, newer model fuel regulator, new chain and a new fairing stay. Im looking to go with as close to original fairings as I can find. Definitely going black with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm looking ahead at more parts ill need. Are you guys running the stock PAIR emission system? Also the mirrors on this bike were trashed. Anyone know of a good set of replacement?

·
Super Moderator
8,345 Posts
Pull the pair it'll sharpen the bottom end throttle response.

Reactions: Cmerck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I've been looking at gauge clusters as mine was destroyed. Is anyone running aftermarket clusters such as trail tech?

I got the engine installed and started working on the exhaust. Ill be running stock cans.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Over the weekend I worked on cleaning up the wiring harness and getting it all connected. Additionally I put the PAIR block off plates in, new fuel regulator in, VFR front sprocket on, new fairing stay and adjusted all the brakes a little more.

I'm still searching for a gauge cluster, mirrors, oil cooler. I am still waiting on my chain to come in. Im leaning towards using a trail tech vapor gauge cluster unless I can find a digital speedo

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi C merck
A titanic job ....well done
Question
Is the blade 954 fork complete with blade front wheel brakes and dics a plug and play install ( apart from the hoses ?)
Or did you use a xx front wheel ?
Be interested to know what mods were needed
Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi C merck
A titanic job ....well done
Question
Is the blade 954 fork complete with blade front wheel brakes and dics a plug and play install ( apart from the hoses ?)
Or did you use a xx front wheel ?
Be interested to know what mods were needed
Paul
Thanks a ton! It was fun. Its pretty much plug and play. I used the 954rr forks, tripple tree, bars, brakes, brake lines, stem bearings, front fender. I used the 1100xx front wheel, axle, disc's, wheel bearings. The only custom part was the spacers for the wheel. I actually used a combination of the 954rr, 1100xx and a couple washers to get the perfect lineup.

I can send some close up pictures if you'd like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Using the 954rr forks requires delinking the brakes or a custom bracket due to the mounting position of the calipers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My new radiator came in. So far looks great. I installed it today, cleaned and lubed my chain and started fixing the front ends wiring. The issue I have found is that the tripple tree turn tabs on the frame dont fit well with the 954rr tripple. I will be shaving them to fit today.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Why not a radial braked front end?
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but by radial I'm assuming you mean how the bike is stock?

So when I did the conversion I used the 954rr front end with a 1100xx front wheel. I used the 954rr front brake system. Would've taken more modifications to use the 1100xx brakes on the 954rr forks due to the mounting location of the calipers

21 - 39 of 39 Posts