Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been lurking around the site all week, figured I'd show you my project. I won my 1999 Blackbird from Copart last week for a great deal. It had been wrecked in the front.

Turns out it needs a frame as the neck was broken bad. So I did the right thing and bought a used frame and have been throwing money at it since. Planning to rebuild back to almost stock. Id like to do some slip ons, a power commander and add a corbin seat. Here's some pictures so far.

Attachments

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Plenty of information on this forum.
Good luck in your project!
Welcome...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cmerck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All! A lot has been done recently. The old frame is torn down and I've began rebuilding. The issue I've ran into now is that my front fork is hitting the disc on the front. It seems that the spacing is wrong or my forks are bent. Anyone know of a good fork swap Any? Any advice? Enjoy some pics!

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Beestoy put a busa front end on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Over the past few weeks I've accomplished a lot. My new frame was sanded, primed and painted. Its been sitting over a week to cure. I made my first big modification as I bought a front end off a CBR954rr for the inverted forks. I spent today cleaning them and getting ready for install this weekend. Also I cleaned the swingarm. Swingarm looks brand new! My wheels were sanded and will be painted this weekend as they had been scratched and chipped all over. Going black with those. I debated on painting the forks, but decided to leave them silver. My next upgrade will be the brake lines as I wanna go steel braded. Enjoy some pics!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the front end installed. Love the look of the inverted forks. Next ill be installing the swing arm and rear end, followed by the brakes. The brakes will be my biggest challenge in my opinion. I havent decided if ill use the 954rr brakes or the 1100xx brakes.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
You'll be drinking then so not to difficult now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I'm working on the brakes and will be de-linking. I've seen the kit on ebay, is that the best bet? I will be using the fireblade front calipers.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
That should have read delinking. With that setup you should be able to just build it up as a standard brake system that's separated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That should have read delinking. With that setup you should be able to just build it up as a standard brake system that's separated.
The front is easy, im just trying to figure out how to make the back brakes right.

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
You could use the stock stacked banjo bolt. The have 2 braided lines built to run all 3 pistons. You'll need to change out the master cylinder. A master off a cbr600 will bolt in it's place. Do a thread search you'll find more options as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You could use the stock stacked banjo bolt. The have 2 braided lines built to run all 3 pistons. You'll need to change out the master cylinder. A master off a cbr600 will bolt in it's place. Do a thread search you'll find more options as well.
Thanks a ton!

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Your very welcome good sir have fun.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
So, what type of vehicle is under the cover in the driveway?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts