Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my crashed 1999 birdie. Done with all the mechanical stuff and now its down to the plastic. My cowl was KO'd in the knockdown but my lowers are salvageable. So instead of buying the Chinese stuff, I went to Honda and was able to secure a Vintage upper cowl. The paint code on this cowl was listed and marked on the part as NH 359M. Under my seat, the paint code shows as the same. The paint is pretty close but I could swear that the new part has gold flakes in the paint where the stock paint on my bike looks more black and maybe has silver flakes. Its very hard to tell. When I looked at a previous post on color codes, YO-XX had posted all the codes and listed NH 418P as the correct 1999 color code.

Either the code under my seat is wrong, or the part I bought was mislabeled or the list posted by YO-XX was wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
I am rebuilding my crashed 1999 birdie. Done with all the mechanical stuff and now its down to the plastic. My cowl was KO'd in the knockdown but my lowers are salvageable. So instead of buying the Chinese stuff, I went to Honda and was able to secure a Vintage upper cowl. The paint code on this cowl was listed and marked on the part as NH 359M. Under my seat, the paint code shows as the same. The paint is pretty close but I could swear that the new part has gold flakes in the paint where the stock paint on my bike looks more black and maybe has silver flakes. Its very hard to tell. When I looked at a previous post on color codes, YO-XX had posted all the codes and listed NH 418P as the correct 1999 color code.

Either the code under my seat is wrong, or the part I bought was mislabeled or the list posted by YO-XX was wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

Porky checking my factory link the NH359M is the correct code. Chances are you have a 98 Carby cowl there. The one I have here also has a gold in the base. I think the 97 and 99's were the only ones that were a plain black. My son's was a 99 but it had been resprayed so I can't verify that 100%

1 - 2 of 2 Posts