Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1999 Bird in great shape. Runs perfectly, starts right up, shifts well, has no issues at all. Has all new plastics (from ultra_supplier), new ContiMotion tires, MRA Vario adjustable screen, and a new Yuasa battery.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=106&v=R2W1K3pFOFs

I rescued this from a friend's garage where it sat for 7 years after he went too fast around a curve and laid it down in a ditch. The gas tank was rusted, so I replaced the tank, fuel pump assembly and fuel level sending unit. The plastics were rashed up and the front cowling was cracked, so I went ahead and replaced all of the plastics. After changing all of the fluids, she started right up, and has run perfectly these last few months. This bike is in great shape and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it across the country, but I'm just not digging the sportbike riding style any more. I'm looking to get $3400. I'm also open to trades, let me know what you got!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't know why bikes have been hard to sell lately for me anyway actually gave, literally free to a guy one of my other bikes... weird, but I am considering and massaging the about your Givi side boxes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was sure someone would scoop this one up quick in this condition at this price. I suspect the bags were actually putting people off, so I'm definitely going to sell them separately.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it is.....it's a beuaty.... be patient

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I've seen this bird first hand. It's worth every penny his is asking for it.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,761 Posts
Bolts missing from around the gas tank fill cap. I know the tank was replaced but why bolts missing? This may get people asking themselves... what other bolts missing where one cannot see?
I'd replace those and the missing fairing bolts. They are not expensive on Ebay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Bolts missing from around the gas tank fill cap. I know the tank was replaced but why bolts missing? This may get people asking themselves... what other bolts missing where one cannot see?
I'd replace those and the missing fairing bolts. They are not expensive on Ebay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Guy I've actually seen the bike it is complete. I was there picking up the wing rack and bags he had sold me earlier in the year. Sent them off to my youngest in VA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1999 Bird in great shape. Runs perfectly, starts right up, shifts well, has no issues at all. Has all new plastics (from ultra_supplier), new ContiMotion tires, MRA Vario adjustable screen, and a new Yuasa battery.

Video here:

I rescued this from a friend's garage where it sat for 7 years after he went too fast around a curve and laid it down in a ditch. The gas tank was rusted, so I replaced the tank, fuel pump assembly and fuel level sending unit. The plastics were rashed up and the front cowling was cracked, so I went ahead and replaced all of the plastics. After changing all of the fluids, she started right up, and has run perfectly these last few months. This bike is in great shape and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it across the country, but I'm just not digging the sportbike riding style any more. I'm looking to get $3400. I'm also open to trades, let me know what you got!
is this bike still for sail I have nothing to trade interested in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts