Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. After riding for almost 40 years I took my first tumble. Low sided going around an exit ramp. Front wheel went straight into a guard rail post, bent the forks etc. My pride and joy has received major damage and I'm still having trouble looking at the mess I have made. Good news is that she protected me well and I was pretty much unhurt. Took her apart today and assessed the damage. Below is a list of parts that I am in need of. If any members have parts to sell, please PM me. All for a 1999 or equal:

Front wheel
Front Forks (tubes are bent, I'm hoping to salvage the lowers.
Lower Triple
Instrument cluster bracket
RHS Black mirror shell
Black Front Fender
Oil Cooler
Radiator
Radiator Fan

My cowl, both lower fairings and center fairing are all damaged and will either need to be repaired or replaced. I see that the original body work is pretty much unobtainable. How have any of you made out with the aftermarket fairing kits? How does this stuff fit and look once mounted. Any thoughts on my predicament are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Gald to hear you got up and walked it off. Low sided my baby couple weeks back riding the devil. Rashed the left side fairing broke the upper cowl and left mirror and housing. Look up the chinese fairing thread started by DaveJB. They have had the best fitting from anywhere and the price is very good. When you pull it apart check the lower front stem race to make it's not out of round or cracked. It's what takes the impact load and can deform.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think I can help you out with almost all of it if you'd like to take a trip to Pennsylvania.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts