Honda CBR XX Forum banner

What matters most?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original 1965 owner of this 1998 immaculate speed machine. 3,589 actual miles. 100% stock, garage kept, hate to part with it. Kids tuition more expensive than this!!! Asking 5k. Can deliver reasonable distance. Questions?

. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Auto part Odometer Tool Gauge

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
:drool: that is just unbelievable... absolutely incredible... and original owner!? truly starting to regret not living in that part of the world :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Can ya say hardly ever ridden? Have u even experienced what the BB offers. Good luck w the sale. I am sure it will go quick!

Sent from the mothership

·
Registered
791 Posts
When I bought my 98 in june of 2010 it had 1169 miles with a Yosh full exaust, jet kit, and K&N filter. I only paid $2800 for it and it was pristen shape when I bought it. All I did is install the tires off of my totalled FZ-1 and away I went.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Beautiful. Sorry you have to sell, but hope she goes to a good home.

Having bought two 'Birds in the last 3 months I've looked over maybe 15 of them? With between 20-120k on the dial.

If they've been looked after there is no difference in the way they feel and ride apart from the suspension.

I still love my Triumphs but I can tell you there is a lot more variety in the health of various Trumpys I've looked at.

I'm a sucker for the digital dash, but as long as the bike was good and the price was fair I'd be confident buying any of the 'Birds with any of the mileages I've seen. Amazing bikes.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Beautiful. Sorry you have to sell, but hope she goes to a good home.

Having bought two 'Birds in the last 3 months I've looked over maybe 15 of them? With between 20-120k on the dial.

If they've been looked after there is no difference in the way they feel and ride apart from the suspension.

I still love my Triumphs but I can tell you there is a lot more variety in the health of various Trumpys I've looked at.

I'm a sucker for the digital dash, but as long as the bike was good and the price was fair I'd be confident buying any of the 'Birds with any of the mileages I've seen. Amazing bikes.
In my opinion, this is the one side that Honda screwed up when refreshing the bird in 2000(or 2001, not sure), I just love my 97 dashboard, serious and functional

·
Administrator
12,898 Posts
I suppose the UK is just outside 'reasonable distance', that looks one hell of a bike .............. dare I suggest you sell the kids instead?

·
can boil a minute rice in 58s
85 Posts
mate, there is no jobs out there, tuition fee's blah!! get them into a macdonalds or kfc, andput up pics of it in a couple of years with it covered it flies anc ships, and ride the tyres clean off it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts