Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I developed a bracket for the VFR800 that mounts to the triple tree and holds a usb charger and volt meter. I have had a lot of interest from the CBR1100XX community and it appears the bracket fits nearly identically on the VFR800.

Take a look at my product page on ebay if anyone is interested. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-CBR1100XX-Blackbird-12v-Accessory-Bracket-USB-12v-Outlet-Bracket/124049949118?hash=item1ce1f401be:g:Rm4AAOSwOFFeIOnu&vxp=mtr

If anyone is interested in the development history, check out the VFRD discussion board https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/89043-12v-power-outlet-plug-mountusb-mount/page/3/
IMG_20190606_204811246.jpg
Any questions, let me know!

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate! I just saw your order come through. I will get it shipped out shortly.

Would love to see some pics when you get it installed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interested!!
Does it works on 1999 fi model ?
and is there a how to install ?

Thank you!
Hey, I'm quite positive the 1999 has a black key bezel around the lock cylinder, so this should work.

I have install instructions that are tailored to the VFR but its the identical procedure. I can email these to you if you'd like. Just PM me!

Also, noticed you're a fellow Canadian. I'm just north of Toronto, Ontario - if youre close by we can do a dry fit. Let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great, just what I needed ordered one today, any idea if it will also fit an 89 CBR1000F?
Saw your order come through! I'll have it shipped out this evening :)

I will have to do some more research on the 89 CBR1000F - are you able to send me a top down picture of the triple tree?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi TriumphTraitor, unfortunately my cbr1000f is stored in the UK and I am in Australia, let me see what I can find out, will let you know
cheers
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm from BC so I wont be able to do a dry fit :(

But I'd love to see more pictures on how to install this bracket.

So to my basic understanding is that,

1. take the black key bezel off
2. Mount the bracket
3. How about the screws ?

Thanks for answering my questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, dang! Well it was worth a shot asking nonetheless.

I have a PDF instruction manual, but really not sure how on earth to upload it to here. They are Tailored to the VFR800 (as this is what I own) but the installation should be nearly identical.

There are two #2 Philips screws that hold on the black key bezel ring. once removed you will place the bracket in its place and reinstall the key bezel ring right over top using the original screws.

The trickiest part is getting the screws out as they are often tight and in such an awkward spot.

Take a look below for the snippets I took from the PDF. I hope this helps! Cheers
Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are those really Phillips screws? Or are they actually JIS screws?
They are most likely JIS, considering it is a Japanese machine. I'm also pretty sure the have the JIS mark on the head - I just find most people are familiar with, and own Philips screwdrivers.
While using Philips in JIS is not ideal due to camout, it will work just fine for this application. I have installed 3 of these for some locals with no issues removing these screws.

The biggest difficulty is finding room for your hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi TriumphTraitor

I am interested in your cluster for a blackbird.
Does the steering lock work with the cluster fitted?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hi TriumphTraitor

I am interested in your cluster for a blackbird.
Does the steering lock work with the cluster fitted?
Thanks
The steering lock should still work. Developing this on the VFR I did multiple iterations and tests to ensure it would still work. The blackbird uses a similar lock cylinder and key.

I Was trying to post a video. But apparently I can only upload youtube videos

1 - 20 of 35 Posts