Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's plan was to meet up with Pete...aka Duck then ride on to meet another friend with a 1200. Hoping to get 3 x 1200 Birds in one photo, Gordons 1200 TTS carby Bird, my 2000 1200 FI Bird and Ducks 1200 Supercharged Bird. Get to Petes, bikes ready and then it all goes tits up. Pete promptly walked into his overhead garage door resulting in copious amounts of blood flowing from his head and part of his scalp on the garage door. Sadly i had to carry on and leave him in wifeys hands for (another) trip to hospital. Looking for donations to buy him a hard hat.

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
Another scar to add to my collection, this time a large 'U' shape matching the profile of the garage door strengthening bar (brake disc last time)
Gutted to miss the meet but needs must when the hospital calls. No titanium staples this time (shame) just lots of superglue.

Oh well it solves one problem, as adeyrens photo shows there are bollards everywhere, our road is due for a full resurface next week and I won't be able to get my bikes out and go for a ride, wasn't looking forwards to that, now that I can't ride for a few days the problem goes away. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
I've seen better looking road kill. :oops:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Duck or grouse! Mate...speedy recovery. That'll smart for a while! At least you didn't scratch your lid! 🤕

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Whats this 1200 kit all about? Did you have to bore it out? New rings and pistons?

Sorry to see your head all bloody Duck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
Whats this 1200 kit all about? Did you have to bore it out? New rings and pistons?
The max bore that you can put into a Bird motor is 2mm this gives you 1199cc with pistons.
The 3 of us all have had that work done and then 'other work'. Not sure about Gordons motor, Adeyrens has had cams valves etc, mine cams valves and supercharger.

·
Super Moderator
8,381 Posts
The max bore that you can put into a Bird motor is 2mm this gives you 1199cc with pistons.
The 3 of us all have had that work done and then 'other work'. Not sure about Gordons motor, Adeyrens has had cams valves etc, mine cams valves and supercharger.
Hmmmmm
My present engines coming up on 200,000
Might need a bore an freshening up.🤔

·
Registered
91 Posts
Poor old Pete. Did you not fancy a bit of DIY superglue fun and getting out anyway?

Ade, can you let us know what a 1200 bird is like compared to a lowly 1100?

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
Did you not fancy a bit of DIY superglue fun and getting out anyway?
Now you come to mention it, I pointed Ade and my wife to the big pot of superglue and strengthening powder but neither seemed to think I was being serious. :rolleyes:

·
BirdDog
536 Posts
Jeeze...and ouch Duck. Put some ACF50 on it!
Heal fast!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts