Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel guage has stopped working .(digi dash)
It goes through its start up procedure when you turn the key , and then goes to the last bar flashing red within seconds .
Tank is full , all connections seem fine .And it was working .
My bike has been parked for a few years and I am now just starting to put miles on it .

I have searched the threads and saw nothing exactly like this problem .

Help !!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
There's a chance that the floater somehow is diconnected from the rod of the sensor in the tank....ride the bike some miles to burn some fuel then give the tank a good shake while noticing any movement on the fuel gauge..the connector is a 2 pole one left from the 2 bolts ont the rear of the tank...if you have an ohmeter and the service manual you can check and verify the proper resistance value readings of the sensor...

·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
There is also a chance that the float is stuck in the empty position (did you fill up when the bike was empty and the problem show up then?) the clearances are quite small in that area.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got to the bottom of this .
Took a ride this eve and it got to the stage where the dash lights and speedo were flashing every few minutes , especially when I hit a bump. Got home and investigated , turns out the connector plug at the back of the instrument panel was about to fall out , it had somehow worked loose and was obviously breaking connection .I replaced the headlight bulbs a few weeks ago - upgraded to Osram Night Breakers - really are the dogs "*&!: . When doing this I may have disturbed the connection .
Pushed it back in , problem solved .
Everything works including my Fuel Guage .

Hope this helps someone at some stage .
Thanks for the help guys .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts