Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im going to be the new proud owner of a wrecked 02 bird....Im seeing if anyone has a gauge cluster? Its the digital one for all of your who may not know. Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Partzilla has one but it's close to 6 bils.

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI, I ordered the one from partzilla and it's on backorder with no known date. I waited several weeks and then cancelled my order.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
You can try your Honda dealer. They have a method to expedite orders, even in back order. I've never had an issue with partzilla but everything I ordered was in stock, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Another option is to check local breakers. When I got my 05 dash i had to buy 2 mainboards, each had a broken LCD display (opposite display of course) I then unsoldered the working display and soldered it in place of the broken one...

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any way I can use a old gauge guys? are the plugs different? Im sure they would be....

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
??? So I guess thats a NO I cant use a old cluster? I recieved the bike last night and need a cluster for a 02 :) Help....

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I can't see why you couldn't use the old analogue gauges from a '99-'00 as many people go from analogue to digital, you should be able to go the other way. I wonder about the FI light however as you'd be going from a 5v to a 12v bulb, you may have to get a little creative there.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I can't see why you couldn't use the old analogue gauges from a '99-'00 as many people go from analogue to digital, you should be able to go the other way. I wonder about the FI light however as you'd be going from a 5v to a 12v bulb, you may have to get a little creative there.
Switch it (and the cluster illumination) to an LED.

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Shew would it be hard? I have a wrecked 02 I just picked up and need a cluster. Thought one from a 99-00 would be easier to find....I have the old cluster but it pretty beat up...still is reading miles and temp and clock...guy told me it had 56K and the cluster says 97K....Kinda pisses me off!

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
You could use a 99-01 cluster just change the front wiring subloom remember however that the FI light is a globe on the 99-01 and it wont have the correct voltage being fed to it so I may not light quickly enough to how you the correct codes. 99-01 feeds approx. 5v to the FI lamp at all times the 02 and above does not.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
The harnesses are configured differently, but all the wires are there. Uglystick went the other way and put a digital dash in his '99 so he may have some insights. Aside from the FI lamp needing changed to an LED and having to switch over the plug on the harness I can't think of any obstacles.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Temp sensor?
YUP you must use a temp sensor for the same year as the dash..

If he starts at the end of my howto and works back to the beginning then it should work fine. (ignoring anything relating to zener diodes and resistors)

http://www.cbrxx.com/body-paint-electrical-lights/9447-dash-upgrade-99-05-a.html

Note: I believe that the 97-98 dash only differs by having the FI light incator as a stand indicator, but this may not be the only difference and this alone would mean the wiring would have to be slightly different so unless your prepared to work that out i wouldnt be using a carb dash.

·
xxx99
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys thanks for all the info...Well I am tearing her down and where the triangle that holds the upper cowl hooks to the frame is broken....Im for sure making her a street fighter now :) I will be just needing a headlight (think I found one I like) and then a small after market gauge...I have seen one on a bird that was made into a 4 wheeler...I will have to find the video...

Hey G I will really need your help with the wiring and ideas for the rear end...I think your fighter has a 900rr rear subframe???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts