Firstly, I should say hi to all and grovel for my lack of attendance 'round these here parts for some time!
As the wealth of knowledge available here has been of considerable help in the past, this is my first stop in times of trouble...
On my way home this evening, my '06 BB died. Considerately of her, she picked her moment - a short uphill push from my driveway. She now will not start. Info as follows;
- Stopped with apparent lack of ignition - no power to instruments or lights, as if the ignition were off and the key out.
- Running smoothly for the short ride beforehand with no symptoms leading up to cutting out (*see note below).
- Check of battery revealed healthy 12.9v shortly after stop.
- Checked continuity between negative battery terminal and earth - good
- Checked main and starter fuse - neither blown. Pulling wiring connector on starter relay with some difficulty in order to check main fuse revealed somewhat furry connectors - cleaned and applied contralube.
* The bike began occasionally showing the FI light with code 25 (knock sensor fault) around 10 days ago, but did not do so on this ride or the last few, and I'm hesitant to assume a link between this and the current problem
Would anyone have advise on sensible next faultfinding steps? The killswitch is next on my list, but I'd thought (of course I can't now check this) that when switched, power to the plugs is severed but power remains to the dash, lights etc, and I don't have this.
Any pointers on diagnosis would be much appreciated!
As an aside, I'm a bit tied up over the next few days so may not be able to respond swiflty to replies but please don't take a little silence as any lack of gratitiude for knowledge offered