Blackbird West Country Meet Up - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the CBRXX.com.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 184
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

  1. #16

    Member #
    2605
    Bike(s)
    '97 red....'bit pimpy innit'? according to my wife
    Join Date
    Nov 11 2007
    Location
    Bristol England
    Posts
    926
    Liked
    168 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    I'm keen but struggling a bit with my left side rib still, one day it feels ok the next it's crap! Was wrestling with the dog and granddaughter last night on the floor, (that means being jumped on by her and jumped over by doofus until he misses and comes crashing down, which he did)!......not sure who's the biggest kid amongst us but I'm probably favourite and feeling it today. Anyhow, I've bought a bigger jacket to allow me to breathe without grimacing and I'm riding short distances for now, if I ain't struggling I will be there.

  2. CBRXX.com is the original Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird community! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!


  3. #17

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by ziplex View Post
    I'm keen but struggling a bit with my left side rib still, one day it feels ok the next it's crap! Was wrestling with the dog and granddaughter last night on the floor, (that means being jumped on by her and jumped over by doofus until he misses and comes crashing down, which he did)!......not sure who's the biggest kid amongst us but I'm probably favourite and feeling it today. Anyhow, I've bought a bigger jacket to allow me to breathe without grimacing and I'm riding short distances for now, if I ain't struggling I will be there.


    Good man ziplex, you have until 20th May to get yourself fit! I've got some cracking pain killers here if you need them!
    ziplex likes this.

  4. #18

    Member #
    22369
    Bike(s)
    2006 CBR1100xx
    Join Date
    Aug 04 2016
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    195
    Liked
    134 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Count me in

    I feel bad for being lukewarm about the idea of Wales - some of you guys have a fair distance to come to Exmoor - I hope I'm not dictating to anyone and would be content to end up wherever suits the majority... That said, I'm sure Exmoor will provide some good riding.

    " Here looks good.................. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...3.641143?hl=en "

    Bizarre - I had never been to Exford prior to last weekend, when I was parked by that very bus stop on my way back from Lynton!

    How is everyone feeling about a route? Are we thinking down the A39 in a westerly direction, or a pootle around Exmoor and surrounding locale, or south through some of Somerset and Devon? Or summut else entirely?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    CBRXX.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    I are the grammar police
    Member #
    11375
    Bike(s)
    '00 GLORY RED Bird, K1300S Motorsport Edition
    Join Date
    May 15 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,185
    Liked
    1224 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Count me in. In the middle of a string of seven-day work weeks. This absurdity ends on the last weekend of May (a bit of a break this bank holiday weekend), but I will slip this one in. For sure.
    Well, I thought I had some special buttons now, but some people have even specialer buttons.

  7. #20

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Be good to see you there Mayfield, eight so far . Looking forward to see if woodwizard wears a pointed helmet
    Mayfield07 and woodwizard like this.

  8. #21

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWayUp View Post
    Count me in

    I feel bad for being lukewarm about the idea of Wales - some of you guys have a fair distance to come to Exmoor - I hope I'm not dictating to anyone and would be content to end up wherever suits the majority... That said, I'm sure Exmoor will provide some good riding.

    " Here looks good.................. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...3.641143?hl=en "

    Bizarre - I had never been to Exford prior to last weekend, when I was parked by that very bus stop on my way back from Lynton!

    How is everyone feeling about a route? Are we thinking down the A39 in a westerly direction, or a pootle around Exmoor and surrounding locale, or south through some of Somerset and Devon? Or summut else entirely?
    Myself and Mayfield are probably coming the furthest but no problem. Ill leave routes and directions to people who know better. Exmoor will definitely be quieter than Wales and just as scenic.

  9. #22
    I are the grammar police
    Member #
    11375
    Bike(s)
    '00 GLORY RED Bird, K1300S Motorsport Edition
    Join Date
    May 15 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,185
    Liked
    1224 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Farthest, schmarthest. Pfft. Bring it on.

    Perhaps it will rain just so I can speed it up a bit. Maybe TheDuck won't need a winch to help him on the bike this time.

    What could possibly go wrong?
    Well, I thought I had some special buttons now, but some people have even specialer buttons.

  10. #23

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Furthest, farthest? Ah, hence the avatar " I are the grammar police".

  11. #24
    I are the grammar police
    Member #
    11375
    Bike(s)
    '00 GLORY RED Bird, K1300S Motorsport Edition
    Join Date
    May 15 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,185
    Liked
    1224 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Well, I are. The less miles to ride, the less problems. But for, me it's fewer of a problem.






    Innit?







    adeyren likes this.
    Well, I thought I had some special buttons now, but some people have even specialer buttons.

  12. #25

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by adeyren View Post
    Looking forward to see if woodwizard wears a pointed helmet
    Does ThisWayUp stand the right way up, has Duck got a bill,and does ziplex make fishing rods? These questions need to be answered.
    Google ziplex.

  13. #26
    Supercharged Mod
    Member #
    4781
    Bike(s)
    99 Bird standardish. 03 Supercharged KwakBird
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2008
    Location
    UK South West
    Posts
    10,758
    Liked
    3137 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWayUp View Post
    Count me in

    I feel bad for being lukewarm about the idea of Wales.....
    Wales was only my early suggestion when adeyren and I were bouncing the idea about, Exmoor makes far more sense now we have a few more 'locations' sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by adeyren
    Be good to see you there Mayfield, eight so far
    Indeed ...... I also know foeux would like to join in as well, time off permitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield07
    Maybe TheDuck won't need a winch to help him on the bike this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by adeyren
    I've got some cracking pain killers here if you need them!
    I'm taking a couple of strips of 500mg Paracetamol and a couple of strips of 500mg Codeine tablets with me this weekend ...... just in case
    Full of Hot air? Intercool yourself............ you know it makes sense

  14. #27

    Member #
    20154
    Bike(s)
    1998 cbr1100xx
    Join Date
    May 25 2015
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    155 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by adeyren View Post
    Be good to see you there Mayfield, eight so far . Looking forward to see if woodwizard wears a pointed helmet
    Stupid boy (in a Captain Mainwaring style)

    Oh, and did someone say "perhaps it will rain", It's Exmoor, of course it will rain.
    TheDuck, ThisWayUp and adeyren like this.

  15. #28

    Member #
    20154
    Bike(s)
    1998 cbr1100xx
    Join Date
    May 25 2015
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    155 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Are we going to have to plot a route to include doctors surgeries for you old boys then

  16. #29
    Supercharged Mod
    Member #
    4781
    Bike(s)
    99 Bird standardish. 03 Supercharged KwakBird
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2008
    Location
    UK South West
    Posts
    10,758
    Liked
    3137 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by woodwizard View Post
    Are we going to have to plot a route to include doctors surgeries for you old boys then
    add in A&E depts. for me..... but then I know most of them anyway!

    Age has it's advantages, my bike is now faster than yours. As we all know Titanium makes any bike go faster and now every time I get on my bike I bring a large chunk of Ti with me
    ThisWayUp and woodwizard like this.
    Full of Hot air? Intercool yourself............ you know it makes sense

  17. #30

    Member #
    20884
    Bike(s)
    2000 CBR1100xx 1998 T595 x VFR 800sX2 NC30s
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2015
    Location
    Worcester UK
    Posts
    1,142
    Liked
    392 times

    Re: Blackbird West Country Meet Up

    Quote Originally Posted by woodwizard View Post
    Are we going to have to plot a route to include doctors surgeries for you old boys then
    Less of the old men, with age comes reliving your youth again. I'm loving it. As someone said to me " I am just a 20 year old with 40 years of experience."


 
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hello From The West Country
    By BigBikeMad.com in forum Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 11:27 AM
  2. BLACKBIRD MEET UP!
    By sterlingd in forum Engine / Airbox / Exhaust / Fuel Delivery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
  3. Blackbird Meet?
    By BigBirdBuddy in forum General CBR XX Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
  4. Vote for the 2008 West Coast Meet here
    By Involute in forum Events / Rides / Ride Reports
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 1:45 PM